Top 10 Karaoke Songs (but wait, there's more)

Some of you know how much I love karaoke, I actually am planning on going out tonight to go karaoke-ing. I have been "karaoke-ing" since I can remember, I am pretty sure that it's in my blood now. Filipinos are known to have karaoke parties all night. Because of this, Filipinos invented a new way to do karaoke, and that is called a "Magic Mic". Nope, not the Channing Tatum movie, it's literally a microphone that has magical wonders. Here's a picture of a magic mic (picture taken from Google Search):
http://www.magicmicstore.com/Magic-Sing-ET31KH-Tagalog-Edition-p/et31khtag.htm?gclid=CjwKEAiA6OnFBRDcgt7YmPKI33ESJACJoTJYm2eDZ0Ox3vi3UyhLnF2aQ9RucAk11bOWUJcXWId18RoCL3Lw_wcB
Enough of that, let's get down to the list. Here are my Top 10 Karaoke songs to sing:

1.) Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler

For those of you who do not know this song, I am a bit disappointed. Just kidding! I discovered this song when my dad's sisters (Hi Mamsie and Ninang Jacq) sang this one time, and I LOVED it! This song was released in the early 80s, 1983 to be exact, from Bonnie Tyler's fifth album, Faster Than the Speed of Night.

If you still do not know how this song goes, listen to this! Make sure to memorize how it goes, and have fun singing it. It does not matter if you can sing it or not, just enjoy singing it, and belt it!


2.) Alone - Heart
Another song from the 80s, "Alone" by Heart. This song is similar to "Total Eclipse of the Heart". This song came from Heart's ninth studio album, Bad Animals. It's definitely a type of song where it's easier to sing if you are a little bit drunk. If you don't know how it goes, here's a YouTube video of it:


3.) I Don't Want to Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
Let's go a little bit rock-ish. Steve Tyler is one heck of a rock artist, we know that, and singing his band's song "I Don't Want t Miss A Thing" is another song that is a must-sing-in-the-karaoke type of song. This song is sang by the Aerosmith, which is a song from the movie Armageddon. FUN FACT: Steve Tyler's daughter, Liv Tyler, is in this movie as Bruce Willis' daughter. Bruce Willis and Liv Tyler also dated for a while. Those are your fun facts for today!

Anyway, if you want to get a little sappy, this is a perfect song to just sing. We don't care if you can hit the notes or not; people will just sing it with you.
 


4.) My Way - Frank Sinatra
"My Way" by Frank Sinatra is one of those very difficult songs to sing, but we have to admit, it is fun singing this song. This single came from his My Way album that was released way back in 1969. Another fun fact: Don't ever sing this song in the Philippines if you don't want to get shot (I'll get into more of this maybe in the future).

5.) Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston
Quoting Jack Black from the movie School of Rock, "I believe that children are our future. We got to teach them well, and let them lead the way." You know where I'm going with this.

We can NOT have a karaoke party without singing a few Whitney Houston songs. From her self-titled album Whitney Houston, this song is another must when having fun at the karaoke bars. Originally performed by George Benson, Whitney Houston did justice making a cover for this song. Another FUN FACT: My very favorite theater performer, Lea Salonga, also made a cover for this song. If you need a refresher on how this song goes, which I doubt you do, here it is:

6.) It's All Coming Back to Me Now - Celine Dion
Now I'm certain everybody knows who Celine Dion is! She did not only sing the Titanic theme song, she also sang many more hits. The song "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" is definitely another song you should put in your karaoke playlist. I love the fact that there's a mellow part in this song, and there's also a part where it builds the song up even more. This song was released in 1996 from Celine Dion's first album Falling Into You.

I would listen to this a couple of times and get to know where you want to personalize it and make it your own version, because I am certain that you would just do fabulous in singing this at a karaoke bar:

7.) All my Life - K-Ci & JoJo
Do ya'll know who K-Ci & JoJo is? Their song "All My Life" was released in 1997 from their debut album Love Always. I remember singing this song all the time whenever we rent a karaoke machine back in the Philippines, and everyone will just sing along with you. I am not sure how popular this song got in the United States, but in the Philippines, you'd be living in a cave if you don't know this song. If you don't know how it goes, better practice it up:

8.) I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
Didn't I mention that Whitney's songs are worthy songs to sing in karaoke bars? This song was originally sang by Dolly Parton, and revived by Whitney Houston for her 1992 movie "Bodyguard". Trust me, up until now, I would still try to sing this song, even in the bathroom, just trying to get them notes! And singing this in the karaoke bars will give this song more justice than just singing in the bathroom! :) I included Dolly Parton's version, just in case you want to spice things up!

9.) Wannabe - Spice Girls
CALLING ALL 90s KIDS! Do I really need to explain why this song made it to the list? I'm pretty sure you already why this song is in this list, so I'll just put the video down below:

10.) Making Love Out of Nothing At All - Air Supply
FUN FACT: This song is in the movie "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and after seeing that movie, it made me appreciate this song even more. Just the placement of this song in the movie is GENIUS, at least for me. Sang by Air Supply, this song came out in 1983 from their Greatest Hits album, this song is a great song to sing in the karaoke bars, if you want to be sappy!


Honorable Mentions:
Now don't hate me. I know that I have put more "oldies" in this list, but since I love karaoke too much, I decided to include more from just the top 10, including newer songs.

a.) Back At One - Brian McKnight 
b.) Chandelier - Sia
c.) Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus
d.) Wonderwall  - Oasis
e.) What's My Name - Rihanna
f.) Work - Rihanna
g.) Love on Top - Beyonce
h.) Listen - Beyonce
i.) Jolene - Dolly Parton
j.) We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus
k.) Bye Bye Bye - N*Sync
l.) Lady Marmalade - Christina Aguilera, Lil Kim, Mya, Missy Elliot & P!nk
m.) Quit Playing Games (with My Heart) - The Backstreet Boys
n.) ...Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
o.) Super Bass - Nicki Minaj
p.) Firework - Katy Perry
q.) Just Like a Pill - P!nk
r.) Misery Business - Paramore
s.) I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
t.) Rolling in the Deep - Adele
u.) Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
v.) Need You Now - Lady Antebellum
w.) Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
x.) Single Ladies - Beyonce
y.) Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
z.) Closing Time - Semisonic

If you already have your own playlist of songs to sing at a karaoke bar, don't be shy and send them to me! I want to learn what other songs you sing!



Much love,
Nikki

CONVERSATION

Back
to top