Mt. Olympus, Wisconsin Dells

This weekend, Grant and I, joined by my co-workers, went to Mt. Olympus Water Park at Wisconsin Dells. The experience I had with my co-workers was great. I enjoyed their company, and hopefully they also enjoyed our company.
The hotel rooms at Mt. Olympus are very nice! There were two queen size beds and a bunk bed, that I adored so much. They looked really cute, and if I could bag the bunk bed, I would have. The room included a mini fridge and a microwave. There was a small flat TV hung on the wall, which I hardly noticed because I was too focused on having fun with my co-workers. The first night we stayed at the hotel, we got in at 1:00AM because we got out of work late. It was a nice place to stay in. I was being a party pooper and slept at 3:00AM because I'm an old grandma!

The next morning we had brunch at a place called Denny's Diner. Don't be fooled, this is not your average Denny's chain restaurant. We thought it was! Having brunch there was not a mistake. The people who work there are very nice and accommodating. Their coffee tastes very good, and the food is also good! I had the pancakes and they were so fluffy. Although we have mistaken that diner as the chain restaurant, we were glad we made that mistake because it was very satisfying eating there. If you do plan on eating brunch or dinner at Denny's Diner, make sure you bring cash because they only accept cash. There is an available ATM in the diner, if you forget to bring cash.

After brunch, we decided to head to the water park and have some fun in the pool. The Indoor Water Park at Mt. Olympus was a bit disappointing. There were only four water slides that you can line up to and each slide takes about 30 seconds from top to bottom,  a lazy river that takes about 5 minutes to complete a round, two hot tubs that you have to line up for in order to get in, a kiddie pool, and a pool that is about 5 feet deep. I was expecting a little bit more before going to the water park because the hotel was really nice. They offer a locker for you to use while you're swimming. They are $10 to rent the lockers. If you are 21 years old and above, make sure to bring an ID because they have a bar in the water park.

For dinner, we went to a place called Pizza Pub. They were offering an All-You-Can-Eat option for only $15.99, and Grant and I thought it was a bit pricey. But then after seeing the prices on their main dishes, we both thought that the AYCE option might be worth it. We both had the AYCE option and they have different choices of pizza, chicken, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, salads, & dessert. I was looking forward to eating the mashed potatoes, because I love mashed potatoes, but I was rather disappointed at how they tasted. The pizza was good, and the chicken was good. Grant also liked the mac & cheese, but mashed potatoes though.

Overall, I had a pretty good weekend. Hanging out with my co-workers outside of work and not talking about work feels pretty good. I was able to get to know them a little bit more, and I enjoyed having a water park trip with Grant for the first time. It was a cheap trip to have, and it was so worth it.

(The pictures did not occur in chronological order.)













CONVERSATION

Back
to top